This method originates from Saurik, a well-known and respected iOS hacker and programmer. You can view hisoriginal post here. All credit of this exploit goes to him, and him alone; we simply summarized and condensed certain parts of the process.
- You must have Android SDK Tools installed on your computer.
- Download the rooted boot.img directly from Google: Available Here
- Put the boot.img file in the same directory you will be executing the adb root commands from.
- Put Google Glass in debug mode by going to Settings > About Device > Turn on Debug
- Ensure that the device is turned on and plugged in to the computer.
- Open the command prompt.
- Type the following commands:
adb devices adb reboot-bootloader fastboot devices fastboot oem unlock fastboot oem unlock fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot reboot adb root
Full Explanation via Saurik.com
This is only an excerpt of Saurik’s full post, which can be found here. All credit goes to Saurik for the following information.